Monday, March 18, 2013

Alaska Is Awesome....The Story Of My Spring Break Day 1, March 16th

Hi friends.  I am back blogging. I have been busy with stuff like school. But I told my Mom I want to blog a lot again so here I am.

And it is a great time to blog because I am in Alaska on my awesome spring break trip with my Mom and Dad.  My Mom is going to talk at a library conference in Alaska so she asked us to come with her.  She is the teacher librarian at my school in Van Meter.
Our trip started in Minneapolis.  We drove from our friends John and Pam Carver's to Minneapolis on Saturday night.  We went to John's new school today. On the way to the airport we had dinner with Randal and Kitty. They gave me a cool book about oceans.
I was excited to get to the airport. 
We didn't leave until 9:30pm.  We had time to play checkers and hangman in this cool place at the airport.  
Mom thought it was cool too how many iPads were in the airport. 
Mom and I sat together on the plane.  Dad sat right in front of me.  We had lots of things to do and I had my iPad.  Mom bought snacks at the airport too.
On this plane we could look at a map to see our plane and where it was at.  We had a long way to go.  It took us 6 hours to get to Anchorage.
 I got to pick out movies to watch.
I only get ginger ale when I fly on airplanes.  I had two this time.
We got to Alaska at 12:30am. But it was really 3:30am our time in Iowa.  I liked the giant birds in the airport. 
 We found a cab to take to our hotel....I couldn't wait to get there.
We are staying at the Millennium Hotel in Anchorage.  When we walked in there were lots of animals to look at.   And lots of Iditarod things too.  This is the hotel where the Iditarod race starts.  I was excited to look at this in the morning.

I can't wait to tell you what happens on my first day in Alaska.

I am having a great time so far.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing us along on your trip, Hagan. My husband and I are traveling to Alaska in May, so I'm very interested in your impressions. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your trip with us, Hagan. I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures and learning more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your Alaska adventure is off to an awesome start! Thanks for sharing so much with us, I can't wait to see what other great things you discover in Alaska. : )

    Mrs. Miller (the FL Miller)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like Alaska? We have to read a blog for school and I stumbled on yours. I can’t wait to read more!
    Ben 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you like Alaska? We have to read a blog for school and I stumbled on yours. I can’t wait to read more!
    Ben 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you like Alaska? We have to read a blog for school and I stumbled on yours. I can’t wait to read more!
    Ben 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hagan,

    We are learning to read and write functional texts of which one type is a blog. We are from Eltham Primary School in Australia and we have found your blog. In our class we have 29 students and we are in grade 3R.

    Alaska sounds amazing. We like your pictures. Was it really cold in Alaska? If it snowed how high was it? Did you go skiing? We don't get much snow in Australia.

    For us to fly to Alaska it would take almost an entire day. It is so far away.

    Thanks for writing your blog, we have enjoyed reading it.

    Grade 3R Eltham Primary School

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alaska is a great State and it's great idea to plan for trip to Alaska. Go ahead, book airport parking for some stay then travellers can fly to Alaska. cheap airport parking

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely trip it would have been for travellers. Many tourists would be planning to enjoy their holiday trip.
    meet and greet at heathrow

    ReplyDelete
  10. This site constantly keeps me update about the style industry considering that longer. i'm very fond of your running a blog and reshuffle. you did such a pleasant modern attempt as well as we will that. you must check mine stuffs too. thanks. Jogos online
    friv free Games
    play Games friv 2020

    ReplyDelete